Thursday 31 October 2013

DRAFTING/PLANNING



After analyzing some horror posters I thought I'd try out some backgrounds on word as a starting point. 


This was the effect I started with; I got the idea of it being brown off the analysis I did of the 'Wrong Turn' poster http://clairewalsh1234.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/blog-post_27.html , the 'crack' effect I used was also inspired by a poster I analysed - http://clairewalsh1234.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/research-into-similar-products-shutter.html 
I wouldn't use this as a background because I feel its too strong and would take the spotlight, however I thought it was a good starting point. 

I thought this effect looked like fire, which can be deemed as quite scary - it could also convey my movie as 'life threatening'. This has the potential to be the background of my movie poster as it gives me room to put what I want on to it. Although, I don't think it would suite what my movie is about. 




I changed the contrast of my last one and ended up with this; it also gives the illusion of fire however its more like fire is trying to break though. I thought this effect was quite scary however similar to the first one would dominate the poster. 















This effect is very different to my previous ones; it does not seem as scary as the other ones however I feel it is a good background as it does not dominate however fills in blank spaces. The broken effect in this could represent the fact my family in my horror movie are broken - it could be a very subtle implicit message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment